Sunday, August 16, 2009

40 Days of Yoga

Hi - I have decided to do 40 days of yoga in 40 days ... so 40 days of consecutive yoga.  I'm doing this for several reasons.  I was in part, inspired to do this by the new movie Julie and Julia .... a book by Juan Bautista entitled "40 Days of Yoga,"  and a seminar taught at Yoga Tree here in San francisco, that is 40 days of consecutive yoga, which 2 friends of mine - my favorite gay couple in fact, did and said that it changed their lives.

So, maybe that last part is the main reason ... 

I have been doing yoga for almost 10 years now - maybe even more, but I've never been a dedicated practitioner.  I'd like to see what might happen if I do dedicate my practice - will I achieve that sense of peace or balance that has been missing from my life?  Will my eating habits change?  Will my perceptions and perspectives change?  Will my body change and how?

Needless to say I am very curious to see how this changes my life or does not change my life, so stay tuned ....

I am on my second day, and all is well, but pretty much the same ... except that my neck and shoulder is killing me from today's class. 

My first class was taken at the Golden Gateway Tennis and Swim Club - I belong to the club, so the class was free - it was a flow class and it was awesome!  More info. on this space and teacher to come ... 

and then today, I took a class at Satori Yoga, on 1st street, between Market and Mission - a lovely space.   The class was an Iyengar based hatha yoga class - some really great and challenging poses were done - more on this studio, class, and teacher to come as well .... 

cheers for now - Kelli

No comments: